Guidelines for grants
Applications for grants are not bound to a specific form, but should provide the foundation with a clear picture of the project and/or the funding facts and contain the information required for a decision, if necessary supporting documents. In the case of larger projects, especially research projects, the foundation requires supplementary information, such as e.g.
- Presentation of the applicant
- Brief description of the project
- How the planned project will be realized
- Total cost of the project
- Desired amount of funding by the foundation
- Planned time period for the project
As a general rule, the following are excluded from funding:
- Pure construction measures
- The procurement of motor vehicles or the coverage of conversion costs for vehicles
- Ongoing personnel costs
Applications are always rejected without justification.
Approval is subject to the following conditions:
- The funds are earmarked.
- The foundation is to be informed at an early stage of any emerging changes in the content of the project and the conditions for its realization.
- The foundation reserves the right to make the project supported by it and its results known to the public. In this respect, a corresponding willingness to cooperate is expected. If PR measures are carried out, the foundation is requested to be informed in advance. In addition, it is expected that the sponsorship of the Reinhold Beitlich Foundation will be referred to in an appropriate manner.
- The foundation assumes that no rights of use or exploitation that are protectable or worthy of protection will be obtained or established from the results arising within the framework of the funded project. If necessary, protectable results are to be reported to the foundation which reserves the corresponding protection or exploitation rights.
- The foundation shall be informed about the start, progress and completion of the project and the results achieved. An interim report is to be submitted approx. 6 months after the start of the project and the final report no later than two months after completion of the project.
- Proof must be provided that the grant funds have been properly used.
- The foundation reserves the right to revoke the grant and to reclaim the funds if the grant conditions are not observed, in particular if the funds are not used for the intended purpose.